Thursday, September 24, 2009

Crazy Mouse


This is a midway ride at the "Ex" called the Crazy Mouse in which people zoom around tight corners and steep inclines in a tiny cylindrical car. No way would I ride on one, but I am happy to paint it.

Actually, it was one of the most difficult things I've painted lately. I liked the image, because of the graphic quality of it, the high contrast and it's clean colours. And as an ex sign painter, I thought it would be a piece of cake. But there is a lot of distortion in the letters because of the perspective, and I struggled with it for ages!

6x8" Oil on Raymar cotton panel

2 comments:

  1. yeah, everybody thinks signs are easy.
    Your kerning is wonky.


    ;)

    KIDDING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It came out beautifully, Catherine! I was looking at it and wondering if that round car also turned as it was going up and down and around those tracks. If so, it would probably be the first ride to make me ill! LOL I've never seen one of those rides. I'm really enjoying your carnival paintings. Such wonderful memories and images they evoke for me!

    ReplyDelete