Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Back Door Sunrise



Every once in a while, as I am letting my dog out early (6am or thereabouts), there is a miracle in progress, and I am lucky enough to witness it. Even though I live in a large city, nature is still very much in evidence. I dashed in the house to get my camera, and thankfully it the battery was charged up, and there was space on my memory card. There was no time to fiddle around, and this beautiful sky had changed within 3 or 4 minutes!

6x6" Oil on gessoed masonite
Sold

2 comments:

  1. Oh, how very beautiful!!! I love your composition in this piece, and of course, that gorgeous sunrise sky. Oh to have your talent!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome--I love this time of morning and am so inspired with how well you captured the feeling of a new day.
    happy new year, Catherine!

    ReplyDelete